Sorry, couldn't resist it! Somehow seems appropriate given the recent news regarding the finding of one of Yorkshire's Own ;-) There are thirty horses, to be precise.
Basic paint job finished on the horse flesh, still need to finish saddle blankets and tack. As you can see, I paint a number of different base colours and vary manes/tails, socks and blazes. The observant amongst you may have also spotted that I used three different primer colours to help build up the shading
I don't normally paint cavalry in this manner, as I generally attach riders to mounts prior to painting, but given my requirements for a total of six units of nine for the scenario, I decided to go a bit more "assembly line" in order to speed up the process.
I already have two units of twelve (one each of guard and line) and these will be adapted and reinforced so that I have two units of Agema and four units of line.