Total Pageviews

Tuesday 11 December 2012

Arab Tribal Allies for Raphia

These are Perry plastic Ansars that I'm pressing into service as the above.

The Seleucids had 10,000 of these at Raphia. Detail is scarce for what Arabs looked like at this period, but these figures fit what little I've been able to turn up. For shields, I'm going to use thureoi, based on the logic that they've been part paid by being equipped from Seleucid arsenals. Bit of a cop out, but if appearance is difficult to identify, the type of shields used by Arabs at this time is impossible.

I've played around a bit to get a decent flesh colour and I'm quite happy with how this has turned out.



4 comments:

  1. You're right, your flesh tone is exquisite.
    Good job

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look terrific, Craig! I very much like the colour of the flesh and the tunics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely work on these I agree

    ReplyDelete