Between doing the boards I've also managed to paint a couple of units of Roman leves for the Heraclea demo game.
I've done one unit each of red (for the Romans) and white (for the Allies). Not entirely happy with the white tunics; I think I tried to be too clever with my technique and got it a bit wrong. Sigh, you live and learn. I'm always looking for ways to improve my painting process; sometimes you have to make the gaffs to learn what DOESN'T work.
I received some of the new horses from Aventine on Saturday to go with the Successor cavalry - very nice! Keith rang me this morning and it looks like the riders should be available later this week...
Anyway, back to the leves.